AWS Integration Guide
The Ioto agent is pre-integrated with a suite of AWS services to make the job of creating IoT enabled devices dramatically easier.
All these integrations are optional and can be enabled or disabled via the config/ioto.json5 configuration file.
- Simply provision devices for management by AWS IoT.
- Send messages to AWS IoT and other services via MQTT.
- Easy publish data to the cloud via MQTT.
- Create metric from any data for graphical display.
- Replicate and synchronize structured data to AWS DynamoDB.
For device clouds hosted on your own AWS account, you gain direct access to additional AWS features:
- Generate IAM temporary access credentials to call AWS API services on the device.
- Use the compact AWS SigV4 REST APIs from the device.
- Upload data and files to AWS S3.
- Send control-plane data to AWS IoT Shadows.
- Store the Ioto log file in AWS CloudWatch.
- Capture device O/S logs and upload to AWS CloudWatch.
- Emit metrics to AWS CloudWatch metrics.
- Save an audit trail to AWS CloudTrail.