Device Tables Overview
Ioto Device Tables is a global, replicated, multi-active database solution that transparently synchronizes data between devices and the cloud.
Similar to AWS Global Tables for replicating data between AWS regions, Ioto Device Tables connects a cloud-side AWS DynamoDB database to device resident Ioto embedded databases.
Device Tables take the pain out of replicating data between devices and the cloud. Without additional code, it will automatically and transparently synchronize data and state between your devices and the cloud.
Device Tables delivers fast, predictable local read and write access while offering automatic replication of changes.
Database Replication Features
- Transparent replication between cloud and devices.
- Bi-directional synchronization.
- Per-table synchronization control.
- Resilient catch-up should the device or cloud go offline.
- Database triggers for notification when state data changes.
Aggregating device data in the cloud is not a simple problem.
To centralize device state typically requires several crucial steps:
- State must be captured in the device.
- State must be sent reliably to the cloud despite network disconnections.
- State must be stored and managed in the cloud.
- Conflicts with simultaneous updates must be resolved.
- State updates from the cloud must be sent to the device reliably despite devices being offline.
These factors combine to make centrally aggregating device data decidedly non-trivial.
Ioto Device Tables solves these issues for you, so you can focus on your device specific logic and value.