GoAhead is the world's most popular embedded web server. It is simple, tiny and ideal for the the efficient hosting of embedded web applications.
GoAhead is optimized for hosting dynamic embedded web applications via an event driven, single-threaded core. It is very compact and is especially effective in reducing the per-request memory overhead for web applications.
GoAhead has a strong set of features including: HTTP/1.1, SSL, TLS, basic,digest and web-form authentication, user/role based authorization, session state storage, CGI, sandbox resource limits, logging, and conditional configuration and compilation controls. With these features, GoAhead can be embedded in your device to effectively host embedded applications.
The GoAhead web server is the most widely deployed embedded web server. GoAhead is being used in hundreds of millions of devices including: networking equipment, telephony, factory automation, data acquisition, medical devices, mobile devices and consumer and office equipment.
GoAhead provides the following components:
- HTTP web server program and library
- Flexible URI routing and rewriting
- Basic, Digest and web-form authentication
- Granular user authorization with role/ability management
- Local or PAM-based password stores
- Session state management
- CGI handler
- In-memory URI handler (proc)
- Secure Socket Layer support (SSL/TLS)
- Request trace and logging
- Complete documentation with samples
- Full source code
To learn more about GoAhead, please read: