Building Made Simple
MakeMe is a modern replacement for the venerable make and not so popular autoconf utilities.
MakeMe builds directly or generates native Makefiles and IDE projects from a single, unified project description. MakeMe provides a higher level of abstraction for defining software builds. MakeMe is open source, so use it now in your projects.
Read why MakeMe can accelerate your development.MakeMe Overview Specs
- Configuration and component discovery — replaces autoconf
- Compiler capability sleuthing
- Single, master configuration source header — me.h
- Generation of Xcode, Visual Studio, Make, Nmake and shell script projects
- Automatic C/C++ source code dependencies
- Cross platform. Easily handles Windows, Linux and Mac builds
- Cross-compilation support
- Building outside source tree for read-only file systems
- Multiple build profiles (debug, release, ...)
- Very fast configuration and building times, even on windows
- MakeMe is Open Source and can be used freely under the GPL license.
- Unified project view, no "make" style recursion required
- MakeMe configuration may be comprised of multiple MakeMe files
- MakeMe file targets and scripts are relative to their own directory
- Targets can be named symbolically not just by the target path.
- MakeMe provides a "why" option to display why a target was or was not rebuilt (me --why)
- MakeMe files and targets intelligently inherit of outer project properties
Want to help the MakeMe community as a contributing developer?
Read about how to create patches and join the fun.