Package Management Made Easy!
Embedthis Pak is a package manager for application components. Pak makes it easy to retrieve, integrate and manage components for applications.
Unlike other package managers, Pak will automatically install and configure downloaded packages — no more manual file installation each time you upgrade a library.
Read why Pak is unique and perfect for your application.Overview Specs
What's cool about Pak
- Install, list and uninstall packages into a local application
- Manages a local cache of retrieved packages
- Provides a global catalog to search for public paks
- Easy upgrading paks when new versions become available
- Automatically retrieves and installs dependant paks
- Supports the CommonJS package standard
- Supports the SemVer package versioning standard
- Supports GitHub as the primary pak storage repository
- Open source and free to use
- Local cache of paks supports fast offline use
- Can publish, modify and retract paks via GitHub
- Web portal to manage your published paks
- Integrates with the Bower repository to seamlessly download Bower components
- Packages are described via a Package.json file that is compatible with nodejs
- Fast, fast, fast. Did I say fast?
Want to help the Pak community as a contributing developer? You'll find Pak is very easy to hack and extend.
Read about how to create patches and join the fun.